Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Sisters

About 2 years ago I read the book, The Daily 5, by The Sisters.  It is a great and quick read and gives lots of ideas and tips to make teaching literacy to young learners more manageable.  Yesterday, I was lucky enough to sit down with some colleagues to watch a couple of their videos on room arrangment and the sometimes daunting task of managing materials within the classroom.  It was great to see that they had easily accessible writing materials in the room and lots of different spaces for students to do their "work on writing," one of the daily 5 routines their students participate in each day.  Because this book has profoundly impacted my teaching in the past two years, I think I will read over my prior notes and do a post this week as a reminder to myself all the important and simple elements of the book. 

No comments: