I have big plans today...
Don't you love it when you start the day and you have a lot planned but you actually feel motivated and like it all is going to come together?!
That's how I feel today.
- I have my round two freezer meal recipes printed and my grocery list is prepped. It is going to be one of those cooking days! (It's rainy and cold; a perfect day to get going in the kitchen)!
- I had lunch with my sister yesterday, (she is a blogger and always an inspiration)! We talked about blogging, teaching...I always get pumped up after a lunch with her. We were both sharing with each other things we have been up to in the classroom. I realized after talking to her that I need to share my non-fiction writing/research process that I started a little over a week ago with my K's! I think it could be a series coming soon. (We are on spring break this week, so again, the rainy dreary day is perfect for beginning these posts that are percolating in my brain)!
- My kids have been begging me for days to make these fun crafts out of egg shells. I think while mommy is cooking, egg shells will be cracking into sail boats, baby chicks, and whatever else they can think of to make with an egg shell. The tub of crafty materials is primed and ready in the kitchen. Oh yeah, messiness will abound; might as well on a rainy gloomy day.
- I have a few stacks of books on my basement floor ready for revision, review and their photo shoot; book spine poems I have been working on. I am thinking I might try and grab some old newspaper from one of my grandma's tea cup boxes and see if I can "find" a poem there. My sister schooled me a bit on other types of found poems, so now I want to find even more!
- I was introduced to a new author yesterday (my sister's doing again, I know...she is amazing)! She told me about Emily Jenkins, who I am now on a quest to find, buy all of her books, and read until my eyes blur! I am hoping today I can at least locate her books, so far my book store has disappointed.
- And, finally...I really need to crack down and finish reading Mockingjay (half way through) as well as make a bigger dent in The Book of Awesome, which by the way is completely awesome if there was any doubt. Perfect reading for those little bits of sitting that I will be doing in between all of the above!