Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chalk-A-Bration 3





While I was at the All Write Conference last week I bought a book by Carole Boston Weatherford, Sidewalk Chalk: Poems of the City. I couldn't believe my luck; this was a great find. Fun poems of city life and one titled Sidewalk Chalk. It didn't take long for me to buy this one! 
Here is an excerpt from the poem:

Sidewalk Chalk

Big and bold now, write your name.
Draw an arrow, then take aim
at a puff heart: "Kim loves Kyle."
Doodling's sure to bring a smile.

(Find the rest here).

My poetic celebration is about summer and popsicles. Two things we have been loving at my house a whole lot recently.


We will be taking a trip to West Virginia soon for some camping and family time. We can't wait to see some mountains, lakes, waterfalls and all that nature has to offer, as well as bask in the downtime that camping offers. I hope if you don't get a chance to chalk today you find some time soon to write your words for the world to see. We recently saw some of our chalk on Google Earth. Pretty neat!
Link below and check out the other chalkers!


3 comments:

Linda B said...

Betsy, your popsicle poem makes me giggle! It's so clever. Mine came out a little somber this time because of all the Colorado fires happening. You'll see. http://www.teacherdance.blogspot.com/2012/06/june-chalk-bration.html Thanks for doing!

Robin said...

Oh no! I have pictures of chalk from my two daughters and I and I can't upload them on my iPad! I'm so bummed! I guess I'm participating in spirit instead!

Robin said...

Where there's a will, there's a way? I figured it out...took pictures of my pictures...I know...crazy. They might look a little funny but they are there!